1) Diversified (Palmer Package) -is the most commonly used adjustment technique by chiropractors. Like many chiropractic and osteopathic manipulative techniques, Diversified is characterized by a high-velocity, low-amplitude thrust. Diversified is considered the most generic chiropractic manipulative technique and is differentiated from other techniques in that its objective is to restore proper movement and alignment of spine and joint dysfunction.
2) Activator (Hand Held Adjusting Instrument) – http://www.activator.com/– Low-velocity, Low Force adjustment ideal for children, and people with osteoporosis.
3) AK (Applied Kinesiology) – Muscle Testing to see how your nervous system is functioning.
1) Extremity Adjusting – Adjustments to knees, ankles, hips, wrist, elbow, and shoulders. This also includes Rib Cage, Collar Bone, and TMJ. Guidelines of Certified Chiropractic Extremity.
2) Motorized Flexion/Distraction Table (for disc issues)- Watch this Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=CiGssOvSXyA
3) NIMMO (trigger point therapy) –http://nimmoed.org/ The starting point of this Receptor-Tonus technique is that dysfunctional muscle results in joint restriction and/or misalignment, and abnormal visceral function. These problems often are self-perpetuating, and require external intervention to disrupt the reflex arcs. Receptor-Tonus technique identifies and treats these myofascial trigger points, so as to normalize neurological function, and reduce or eliminate both direct and referred pain. Normalizing receptor function also normalizes effector regulation of muscle and gland function, freeing a muscle or group of muscles from hypertonus, and improving the patient’s posture and overall bodily function.
4) Webster Technique for Pregnant Woman –This is a Safe and Effective way for pregnant women to get relief and help the baby turn in the 3rd trimester of pregnancy.
1) Heat/Cold Therapies – The doctor will use either moist heat or ice packs depending on your presentation.
2) Intersegmental Traction (roller tables) – 10 minutes of laying on your back relaxing while the table rollers massage you and create positive motion into the spine.
3) TENS(Transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation)– micro-current therapy used for decreasing pain.
4) Ultrasound – Piezoelectric effect to help decrease inflammation and heal deep tissue injuries.
5) KINESIO TAPE – is used to Re-educate the neuromuscular system, Reduce pain, Optimize performance, Prevent injury, Promote improved circulation and healing.
1) Nutrition – various high quality supplements.
2) Orthotics (custom shoe inserts) – Foot Levelers brand with custom mold fitting. http://www.footlevelers.com/
- Heel lifts by Core Products also available – improves walking and hip pain
3) X-Ray in house – Our great doctors are trained in taking and reading x-rays of the spine and extremities